How to Choose the Right 3D Printing Service for Your Business
The innovation of 3D printing makes it possible to bring ideas to life. Most 3D printing service bureaus can assist you in some way to 3d print your designs quickly and easily, regardless of whether you are an engineer, inventor, designer, or hobbyist. So how do you choose the best additive printing service for your project when there are so many options? To assist you in making the best decision, here are 5 pointers.
- Consider the complexity of your project. Not all additive printing services are created equal. Some are better suited for straightforward projects, while others are more adept at managing more intricate designs because they can help you get the correct process. To find a service that can take care of your project for a reasonable price if it’s simple, like making a small mechanical part or a figurine. However, you may need to look for a service that can handle more advanced printing methods if your project is more complicated, such as a multi-part assembly or a detailed architectural model. Consider whether you need parts for real-world use or just something that is an excellent finish.
- What material will work best for your project? The material you select for your 3D print will have a significant impact on your finished product. Materials like ceramics, metals, and plastics are ways to print. Most of the time Plastic printed with a powder bed fusion technology will be the most useable. Choose a service that can supply the materials you need for your project after thinking about what you need. With different types of printed materials come different outcomes. For instance, if you want something that is very smooth, but strength doesn’t matter use SLA. If you need something that is strong enough for everyday use, HP MJF and SLS printing is a good option.
- How quickly do you need the parts? 3D printing a part that is large or complex may need more time in design for printing. This is especially true with parts that have to fit into an existing project. We believe using a powder bed fusion process is the best for large parts or parts that need to be strong. SLA printing is a good option for intricate parts that don’t need much strength. When selecting a printing service, keep in mind that different processes take more time than others. Most Nylon based printing is best for quantity and quality if you are looking for high quantities.
- Examine samples of their previous work. The majority of printing services will have a portfolio. This can give you a sense of the service’s experience working with a variety of materials and project types as well as a sense of the quality of their work. At Jawstec we promote Nylon Printing whether is it MJF or SLS it is usually the most durable for real-world applications.
- Cost! When selecting a printing service, the cost is always a crucial consideration. Find a service that fits your budget by comparing its prices with those of others (Most printing service companies have Instant Quote Engines online). However, keep in mind that the cheapest choice might not always be the best one, you might not even be talking to the actual printing company but a service that is a go-between. When making your choice, you should take into account the materials offered, the turnaround time, and the quality of the service.
Conclusion of JawsTec Additive Printing Services
In conclusion, careful research and consideration are required when selecting a additive printing service for your project. You can make an educated decision and make sure of the success of your project by considering factors like the complexity of the project, the materials used, the turnaround time, examples of their work, and the cost. We here at JawsTec believe we have great solutions for most customers.
When making your choice, you should take into account the materials offered, the turnaround time, and the quality of the service. Get a quote today!