3D models are a great way to earn passive income by placing the files up for sale on a 3D model marketplace. As we at Jawstec prepare out 3D Model Marketplace, we’d like to explore some of the top models for earning passive income:
- Bottle openers– Bottle openers are ubiquitous SWAG (‘stuff we all get’) at conferences, orientations, events, and more. They also come in many shapes and sizes. Custom design is easy with a bottle opener as it is essentially a lever and your custom design may be ideal for a customer who either needs something eye-catching for marketing promotions or just likes the look of your design for a gift or personal use.
- Custom signs– A great sign is more important than you may realize. Whether used for business or decor purposes, it can really add something to a location. A unique sign, in either content or design, is something a customer may be looking for, especially if it could be easily adjusted to feature a desired name or logo.
- Gaming controller upgrades– Gaming controllers are sold as ‘one size fits all’ and this can be frustrating for many who realize they need minor adjustments to be able to use them more comfortably. By selling a 3D model of your gaming controller upgrade idea, you can provide them with your idea without the hassle of trying to figure out the complex logistics of manufacture.
- Measuring spoons– Unique measuring spoons are a fun gift idea, but finding one that’s just perfect is hard to do. By creating and selling your creative design for measuring spoons, you can catch someone’s interest easily, especially if you offer options for customizability. You could also sell measuring spoons in unique sizes for niche hobbies, all of which can be manufactured to specifications very easily with 3D printing.
- Drink coasters– Drink coasters are another item used often for promotions and decor. They’re easy to design and offer surprisingly many opportunities for creativity and even innovation for unique eating spaces.
- Tool and kitchen utensil hangers– Organizing tools and kitchen utensils is often difficult and options can never seem quite right when a consumer is looking for something on the shelf. With the ease of creating a 3D model (and even prototypes!) with 3D printing, you can incorporate your experiences and needs into a design that would be ideal and appealing for others as well.
- Headphone hangers-High-quality headphones are becoming a more and more necessary item to have these days, whether for work or play, and it’s important these often expensive items are stored properly when not in use. It can be hard to find just the right hangar, whether for a desk or wall, however, both look good and serves their purpose well. With a little thought, you can design and sell a great 3D printed headphone hanger design.
- Geometric jewelry– Jewelry that’s different and appealing always has an appeal. 3D printing lends itself to complex geometric shapes that take time, skill, and money to replicate via other methods. It also allows for these unique sorts of designs to be made in a material that makes economic sense for the person who wears them. By selling geometric jewelry 3D model designs, you can be creative and appeal to potential buyers without needing to learn a difficult and expensive skill set.
- Cookie cutters– Whether it’s holidays or special occasions or just because a unique cookie cutter can be just the thing to make someone break out their wallet. Cookie cutters are a relatively simple 3D model to design. You could even sell them in themed sets.
- Cord protectors– With as many cords are found in our homes today, it becomes important to keep them from wear and tear. Because the needs of a cord protector are pretty simple- just things that need to keep the cord from getting damaged- there are many creative opportunities with designing these that can make them uniquely attractive to consumers out of either whimsy or practicality.
- Webcam shield– With more people participating in online meetings, a webcam shield can be very important to ensure privacy from people you mean to call and people you don’t. These are simple to design and even customize.
- Planters– Planters are simple in function, which allows for all sorts of creative designs, from the sleek and modern to the wild and whimsical. 3D printing allows for you to experiment with unique ideas that would be hard to actually make with another method, meaning your imagination can run wild when you create a 3D model.
- Adjustable wrench– Small, lightweight adjustable wrenches are great tools for people on the go and can be 3D printed in a variety of sizes very easily.
At JawsTec, we offer not only high-quality, industry-leading 3D printing and CNC services, but we also provide a friendly and easy-to-understand platform for people to both sell and buy 3D models of the items above and more. Because we offer both a 3D model marketplace and 3D printing services, we can be a one-stop shop for people looking to buy your 3D models and earn you passive income.